The Department of Modern Languages and Literatures at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is seeking a full-time Russian lecturer for the academic year 2019-2020. This is a non-tenure, possibly renewable position. The successful candidate will teach a range of undergraduate courses, 24-26 credit hours, in a vibrant Russian language program at a comprehensive research university. The Department is unable to sponsor visa applications for this position.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• PhD or ABD in Russian language or a related field by the start date of the appointment;
• Fluency or near-native proficiency in Russian and English;
• Previous teaching experience at the university level;
• Experience with online or hybrid teaching;
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate extra- and co-curricular activities;
• Evidence of excellence and professional development in the teaching of Russian language and culture;
• Familiarity with best practices in Foreign Language Pedagogy, including the use of assessment tools;
• Evidence of familiarity and use of technology in the classroom.
The job posting and application information can be found here Please feel free to share with anyone who may be interested.
Posted on April 15, 2019.