Position Type: Full Time Annual
Base Months 9
Hours per Week 30
Department: Chinese, German, Italian, Japanese, and Russian Studies Summary
Description: The Department of Chinese, German, Italian, Japanese, and Russian Studies at Colorado College is soliciting applications for the position of Cultural Program Coordinator (CPC) of the Russian House for the academic year of 2023-2024. The Russian House is a small dormitory for 12 students studying Russian language, literature, history, and culture. We are looking for candidates with experience in teaching Russian to non-Russian speakers, proficient in both Russian and English, energetic, with good communicative skills, and enthusiastic about Russian culture.
Colorado College is an equal opportunity employer committed to increasing the diversity of its community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, gender identity or expression, disability, or sexual orientation in our educational programs and activities or our employment practices.
Pay Band Pay Information • $900 for each adjunct course taught for a maximum of $2,700 per semester (subject to U.S. taxes) payable at the end of each block.
• a salary of $6,460 for the academic year (subject to U.S. taxes) for your work coordinating cultural activities on campus, payable twice a month. You have the option of earning additional remuneration through additional language tutoring and grading (subject to U.S. taxes).
• Private room with bath, microfridge, voice mail, and furniture
• $1700 per semester for food ($3400 for the academic year), paid at the beginning of each semester (subject to U.S. taxes).
• Up to 2 courses per semester (audit or take for credit) for free
• Reimbursement for a least-cost round-trip economy flight to Colorado Springs; please keep a copy of your receipt for reimbursement (subject to U.S. taxes).
Responsibilities: The CPC’s responsibilities include teaching Maintenance Skill Russian language classes at the Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced levels (six hours per week), residing in the Russian House CPC’s apartment, holding regular office hours (four hours per week), maintaining the CC Russian web page, organizing extracurricular activities, creating posters and announcements for the Russian events: weekly Russian teas, Russian dinners, and maintaining an active cultural life at the Russian House.
- Actively support the college’s plan to be an antiracist institution by understanding, engaging with, and promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity in the college community.
- Promote a culture of safety and environmental protection by working in a safe manner; immediately reporting unsafe situations and accidents; following college procedures; and participating in appropriate safety training.
- Demonstrate environmental sustainability by using college resources wisely and supporting the college’s sustainability initiatives and innovation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications: Applicants should have a completed Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Russian or related disciplines.
Posted on May 16, 2023.