The Program in Slavic Languages & Literatures in the College of Liberal Arts at the University of Minnesota seeks candidates for a position in Russian to teach two Russian courses, one in Fall 2015 and one in Spring 2016, at the beginning or intermediate Russian level.
In addition to teaching the courses, the instructor would be responsible for holding office hours to assist and advise students, attending meetings as necessary and performing some administrative duties.
This position is contingent upon student enrollment, performance, and availability of funding. This position is temporary and part-time. Salary for 2015-16 will be approximately $6,000 per five-credit course.
• MA degree or foreign equivalent or ABD in Slavic, foreign Language Education, or a related field.
• One to two years of experience teaching Russian language.
• Native or near-native fluency in Russian & English.
• PhD degree or foreign equivalent in Slavic, Foreign Language Education, or a related field
• One or more years teaching American college- or university-level undergraduates.
Persons interested and who meet the qualifications listed above should apply through the University of Minnesota’s online application system for Requisition number 197613. Job link
Supporting materials required for the initial application:
1. Cover Letter/Letter of Intent
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Two letters of recommendation. These may be uploaded into the online application, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Search Committee (Russian)
Slavic Languages & Literatures
320 Folwell Hall
9 Pleasant St. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Applications should be submitted into the online system by April 15, 2015; letters of recommendation that are not submitted via the online system must be received no later than May 1, 2015. Please provide a translation of any material not in English.
Posted on March 31, 2015.