Building Pathways. Building Community
AATSEEL’s Regional Virtual Open Houses
In Spring 2024, AATSEEL is hosting virtual Open Houses to connect high school students of Russian with college-level REEES programs in their region. In partnership with high school instructors, guidance counselors, undergraduate advisors, and faculty mentors, we aim to help students learn where, why, and how to continue their study of Russian into college and beyond.
CLICK HERE FOR UPCOMING EVENT DATES
CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT OUR PRE-COLLEGE PROGRAMS
Students and Families! At the Open Houses, you can:
- discover programs and opportunities for continuing your study of Russian
- explore options for double-majoring or minoring in Russian or Slavic studies alongside other degrees
- learn about study abroad opportunities at each school
- get information about scholarships for Russian language study in the US and abroad (Russian is currently a Critical Need Language: there is money for you to study Russian!)
- hear from other students about how they have continued to study Russian - and other Slavic, East European, or Eurasian languages and cultures!
- explore possible career paths that build on Russian-language knowledge
- meet admissions counselors, undergraduate advisors, Slavic program faculty members and other university professionals who can help you through your college journey
Instructors and Faculty! At the Open Houses, you can:
- showcase your program to exemplary college candidates in your region
- meet other REEES professionals in your area
- build better pathways from high school Russian classes to post-secondary Slavic programs.
Click here to meet our Pre-college Programs!
Click here a list of programs involved in our pilot year by region.
If your school or program is interested in participating, please fill out the appropriate form here:
For questions, please email us.